The Canadian Science Policy Conference fills a critical gap in the Canadian science policy environment by providing a permanent national forum for discussing science policy issues.
The conference objectives are:
- to provide an inclusive forum at the national level to identify, discuss and provide insights into the current Canadian science, technology and innovation policy issues;
- to forge stronger linkages and create networking opportunities among science policy stakeholders;
- to provide a venue for a new generation of scientists, entrepreneurs and policy makers to interact, innovate and shape the future of Canadian science policy landscape which is required for a knowledge-driven economy;
- to provide a supportive environment for innovative ideas and projects in science policy, and encourage further collaborations across sectors;
- to lay the foundation for a centre dedicated to science, technology and innovation policy.